Published in The International Journal of Controversial Discussions.
Editor in Chief, A. Richards/Issue Ed., D. Kirsner.
Issue Two, August 2020, Page 395
The present article is an expanded version of Michael Poff’s Lecture 1: Part V in the ongoing Totem and Taboo: Freud Was Right! lecture series available on this site and at thecjc.org. It was revised for the newly created International Journal of Controversial Discussions (IJCD), Issue 2. Arnold Richards, the IJCD’s Editor-in-Chief and creator, describes the journal in the following way: “Our intention is to create a forum for discussion and debate about controversial issues within psychoanalysis among colleagues with a variety of different approaches. It will offer a meeting place for analysts with diverging theoretical and clinical attitudes whose paths might otherwise not cross.”.
Video Presentation, Part 1
The Fallacy of Pathological Patriarchy as the cause of the Oedipus complex, Part 1 (Revised/illustrated video presentation)
Video Presentation, Part 2
Malinowski’s “Weak and Henpecked Father”: The Fallacy of Pathological Patriarchy as the Cause of the Oedipus Complex, Part 2
Video Presentation, Part 3 – Coming Soon!
More programs by Michael Poff, MSW, MA:
- Art and Science. Infantile Sexuality and the Oedipus Complex. A Discussion of Rebecca Coleman Curtis’s article, “Psychoanalysis: Science or Art? Science and Art.”
- Treatment and Diagnosis of Childhood Anorexia: a Clinical Presentation
- Benveniste’s Interwoven Lives: Fort Da and the Resolution of Splits in the History of Psychoanalysis
- Inspiring Minds (Part 2 – Discussion)
- Inspiring Minds (Part 1 – Lecture)
For more programs like this, visit us at http://www.thecjc.org.